Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 21

God Watches Over His Word To Perform It!

“Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.” Jeremiah 1:12 AMP

Growing up I was taught the importance of prayer but I didn’t know that prayer was also a weapon in my arsenal to be used against the enemy. And I didn’t know that God was active in performing his Word. As an adult when I learned these truths I prayed all the time. But at first my prayers were more like a laundry list of wants and needs than a weapon of assault. This was because I didn’t really know God’s Word or how to pray it. And that was okay because Philippians 4:6 says, “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.” AMP

So I wasn’t praying wrong prayers. I just didn’t realize just how multifaceted prayer was or what a powerful force it is in defeating the enemy in his attack against my mind and life! Prayer is a time to communicate with God where we are filled with power, praise, peace, gratefulness, and strength. It is also through prayer where the stronghold of the enemy is defeated. The Word of God is an offensive weapon and when we take it up through prayer it activates as a weapon of destruction against the spiritual forces of darkness in the heavenly places! Remember our battle is not against flesh and blood!

Ephesians 6:17 & 18 says, “And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.” NKJ So prayer is the action of launching God’s Word into operative mode. Maybe you are like I was and have no idea how to pray God’s Word into operation. It can be one verse or several verses. It isn’t a lofty, wordy prayer, it is only the truth spoken from your mouth in full assurance of God performing it. Here is an example. I will include the Scripture reference so you can look them up. This is the kind of prayer that you can pray if someone comes against you to accuse you or harm you with their words.

I praise you for the plans you have for me that give me a hope and my future (Jeremiah 29:11) and I have an assurance that when I call upon you and pray, you are listening. (Jeremiah 29:12) I believe by faith that no weapon formed against me can prosper, and every tongue that comes against me to judge me or condemn me, you will cause to cease. (Isaiah 54:17) because there is no condemnation for me because I am in You and I walk in your spirit. (Romans 8:1) I know that satan is truly my accuser (Revelation 12:10) because I am not battling flesh and blood, but demonic forces of darkness. (Ephesians 6:12) So I put to death the work of this enemy and execute the power you have given me to destroy his assault against me and I am assured that this attack will not harm me. (Luke 10:19) I choose to forgive those who have come against me because you have first forgiven me. (Colossians 3:13) I will not fear this attack for you did not give me a spirit of fear. I choose today to talk in power, love, and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7) Amen

As you can see these were God’s Words, not mine, spoken by me as an assault against the enemy. In and of myself I can make my requests to God for the things I need or want and God hears and answers those prayers. But in the midst of a battle it is difficult to know what to pray. But in the Bible God gives us His words and with those words comes our assurance of victory. And this is where we find peace in the midst of the battle. For in God’s Word there is no fear, worry, anxiety, or panic! There is only peace, strength, wisdom, and clarity!

I want to encourage you to spend time in the Bible and write down verses that speak to different circumstances that you encounter in life. Every circumstance in life that is an assault against your mind, body, faith, heart, etc. is an attack by the enemy to try and get you to cower in fear, and to get you to surrender to defeat. But when you surrender your time to God and meditate on His Word, you will experience victory over the enemy’s assault!

Prayer: Today I give my time to you and I will meditate on your Word day and night. I believe by faith that as I do this, I will be filled with Your Words. I know that Your Word is an offensive weapon and I will use it daily to defeat the attack of the enemy on my mind and life! I rejoice in the assurance that You have defeated the enemy and when I remind him of his defeat he has to flee. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment