Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 56

What Are You Magnifying In Your Life?

“Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together.” Psalm 34:3 NKJ

“I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30 NKJ

“And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:46-47 NKJ

Do you remember when you were a child and used a magnifying glass for the first time? I remember taking the magnifying glass and looking at ants, rocks, worms, and other things. I would look at them under the magnifying glass for a moment and then take it away and look at them without it. Then one time someone told me that if I held the magnifying glass over a piece of paper for an extended period of time, the rays of sunlight would burn a hole in the paper. Sure enough when I tried it, it worked! My eyes lit up, my heart skipped a beat, and I thought I was quite the magician! Over the years those memories faded and I never thought of the magnifying glass again, until one day when I was driving in the car with my husband.

We were talking about what it means to magnify the Lord and the difference between people who magnify the Lord, and those who magnify the issues of life. He said, “Holly it is important to understand that what we magnify, we glorify.” “If we magnify the Lord, we glorify the Lord. If we magnify our problems, we glorify the devil.” Then he said, “the reason the magnifying glass could burn a hole in the paper is because with the magnifying glass you directed the rays of sunlight to a focal point on the piece of paper. In other words, you drew from the strength of the Sun and that strength produced a powerful force of nature that caused the paper to burn.”

After our conversation I reflected on what he said and began to spend time in the Word and in prayer, because I knew there was a powerful message of truth that I needed to understand. As I studied and prayed I gained wisdom from the Lord that has made a powerful impact on what I spend my time focused on and what I magnify! The issues of life are great! The trials and tribulations of life are burdensome! Relationships are difficult! Disease and sickness surround us! Natural disasters occur every day! Wars and rumors of wars are taking place around the world! And the sun shines on them all. But an even greater force of strength shines on them all and that force is the SON, Jesus Christ!

When we magnify the Son when facing the issues of life, we draw from His strength and His power to change our circumstances in the natural. The light that shines through Jesus Christ and the finished work of the Cross pierces the darkness of our soul! When we understand this, we are able to do as Mary did and have our spirit rejoice in God our Savior; who makes what seems impossible, possible! And when we magnify what Jesus did for us on the Cross we glorify God and His ability to supernaturally change our circumstances in the natural. Nehemiah 9:19 says, “Yet in Your manifold mercies You did not forsake them in the wilderness. The pillar of the cloud did not depart from them by day, to lead them on the road; Nor the pillar of fire by night, To show them light, And the way they should go.”

It is important to remind ourselves that the same God who led the children of Israel through the wilderness is the same God who leads us through the wildernesses of our lives. Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” As you know the children of Israel who magnified the issues of life and did not believe God, did not inherit the Promised Land, but those who magnified the Lord and believed, did! Even Moses and Aaron who led them all the way through did not inherit the Promised Land because of their unbelief. “Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe Me, to hallow Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land which I have given them.” Numbers 20:12

So let us believe in faith together and magnify the Lord! Let us praise the Lord our God and magnify Him with thanksgiving! Let us believe by faith in our soul (mind, will, and emotions) so our spirits rejoice together in God our Savior! Let us magnify the name of the Son, Jesus Christ, and draw from His power and strength! Let us sing praises in the midst of our circumstance and know that what He has promised, He will perform! Let us believe without wavering and know that God is faithful to His people! Blessed be the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Prayer: I will magnify the Lord, oh my soul, and wait patiently on Him! I will rejoice in His promises and stand strong in my faith! Through my decision to magnify You oh Lord, Your power and strength are mine! I believe by faith that You are in the midst of the issues of my life, performing Your Word on my behalf! Blessed be Your name and blessed are the days of my life as I magnify You and bring glory to Your name! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment