Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 52

God’s Valentine’s Day Message Just For You!

When I was growing up I loved Valentine’s candy and my favorite ones were the hearts with sayings on them. I just loved to open up the box and look at what was written on each one. Even though I knew it would be the same messages that I read the year before I didn’t care. Something just came alive in me each time I read them again. I would visualize the image of my true love saying those things while walking hand in hand with me. For a moment I was whisked away into a fantasy world of love and romance. I have to admit I still love to read those heart messages when I see them in the store and in fact, I bought them for my children this year.

For this devotional I want you to get an image of those heart message candies in your mind, but I want you to imagine what God would write on them if He were the creator of those candies. I am going to share messages I know He would write, but I want you to spend time with Him and ask Him to speak messages of love directly to you as well. Take time and open up the Bible and read His love letter as if it was the first time reading it! Let the Words written on the pages come alive on the inside of you just like I did as a child when I read the messages on those candies. I am going to list the Scripture references at the end of the devotional because the most important thing for you to hear is God’s spoken Word, not the chapter and verse where I found them.

You are my beloved child! You are one with Me in Spirit! You are My forgiven one! You are My friend! I have chosen you! You are complete in Me! You are My anointed one! You are My new creation! You are My workmanship! You are righteous in Me! I have given you My divine nature! I dearly love you! I have made you more than a conqueror! You are My living stone! You are the fragrance of My knowledge! You are created in My image! I will move Heaven and earth for you! I love to sing over you!

Not only has the Spirit of God asked me to write His Words of love to you in this form, He has also asked me to pen a Valentine’s love letter just for you. I want you to know that as I write it He is speaking it to me as well. So as you read it please do not think of these words as being from the pen of man. Hear the voice of God speaking directly to you and embrace His Words of love.

My Dear and Precious Valentine,

Oh how I love you and how I delight in knowing you are mine! I created the heavens and the earth so that we could be together one day! But even before I created the heavens and the earth I anticipated the day you would fall in love with Me and choose to be My bride! From the moment I saw you in My mind’s eye I knew you were the one for Me! There is no one on earth who compares to you! I am in awe when I look at you and see you becoming everything you were created to be. I delight in knowing that you have chosen Me and that you want to spend the rest of your life on earth, and eternity with Me. I promise to always be here for you. I promise to be faithful to you and I will never leave you or abandon you. Nothing will ever separate you from My love!

My sweet Valentine I know that this life we live together may be rough at times because until we are together in eternity, we have to be together in this fallen world. But I want you to find strength in knowing I will always protect you. If you are ever afraid just call on Me and I will speak words of peace to quiet your fears. I want you to know that I find joy in being your knight-in-shining armor! It brings Me pleasure to come to your rescue! And My precious Valentine I know there are people on this earth who may hurt you or abandon you, but I never will! Through the good times and bad I will always be here! And I want you to know that if you ever have a bad day and feel like running away or hiding from Me, please don’t! Please come home to Me and snuggle up close to Me for awhile! Cry on My shoulder and let Me comfort you. And if you ever have a day when you are angry and need to vent, please come to Me for I truly understand your frustration! I have been through everything you will ever face in this life on earth and I have overcome it all. So I know how to lead you through every trial you will ever experience.

My beloved precious Valentine I want you to know how much it pleases Me to spend time with you. I love to gaze into your eyes! I love to hear your voice! I love your smile and your laugh! I love everything about you! You are perfect in My eyes! I take delight in knowing that we will be together forever. I hope you know just how precious you are to Me! I am so in love with you! Did you know that I love to sing over you? Do you know that I love to give you good and perfect gifts every day of the year! It brings Me pleasure to know the desires of your heart and to give them to you! I also love to surprise you when you least expect it, and to see the joy on your face when I do! All of my thoughts towards you are good and My plans for us together are perfect! I love you My Precious Valentine! Thank you for choosing to be My Valentine today and every day!

Love,
God

Romans 1:12-13, Romans 6:17, Colossians 1:13-14, John 15:15, Ephesians 1:4 and 1 Peter 2:9, Colossians 2:9-10, 2 Corinthians 1:21, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 5:21 and Romans 6:18, 2 Peter 1:4, Colossians 3:12, Romans 8:37, 1 Peter 2:5, 2 Corinthians 2:14-15, Genesis 1:27, Mark 11:23-24, Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment