Friday, June 11, 2010

Even With Miraculous Doors Opening, Delays Still Happen! (Cont'd from Day 166)

As I drove home from the reunion the excitement was almost too overwhelming and I really had to focus on keeping my car on the road because I was singing praises to God and raising my hands in the air. People driving next to me must have thought I was a crazy woman but I didn’t care. I just knew this offer to move us to St. Louis was the first sign that our move would be taking place soon. As I got out of the car I ran into the house and shared every detail with Sam. Both of us began thanking God for His faithfulness and for His incredible love for us!

In the days following the reunion we waited for the call to come from my friend. We could hardly contain our excitement and whenever the phone rang we ran to it in hopes of seeing his name come up on caller ID! But as a week turned into two we had to battle thoughts of doubt. And then it happened! The call came and he said the owner of the moving company wanted to meet us. He gave me his number and I called him. We set up a time to meet and then began looking online at properties in St. Louis for the church, resource center, and a house. We have come to understand that it is always best to be prepared and not have an opportunity than to have an opportunity and not be prepared. This is why we have wanted to be ready in all areas for when the doors finally do open so we are not caught off guard.

On the day we went to meet with the owner of the moving company, he said that he felt this was something he definitely wanted to be a part of. He had just witnessed a couple of undeniable miracles in his own life and wanted to extend his help in any way he could to be a part of our miracle. I will expand on this in the book we are writing that details this journey of faith. But for now this is all I am going to share because it gives a clear understanding of how God works in ways we can’t even think or imagine to fulfill His Word of promise in the lives of His people.

We walked away from our meeting that day fully prepared to saddle up our horses so to speak and hit the trail. The emotions and excitement ran high in our spirits as we thought we would quickly be on our way. We waited with hopeful expectation for more open doors, but they didn’t come. One of the things we needed was employment while we were building the ministry. I applied for dozens of jobs in the St. Louis area and even called many companies who weren’t advertising for positions and tried to sell myself to them as a marketer. Remember I make things happen! But once again God had other plans and He wanted this to be His plan completely and so no effort we put forth moved Him. Imagine that? I have to admit I am a slow learner in certain areas.

As each month passed and nothing seemed to align with this amazing offer to move us we were reminded of two words we had received in the beginning of this journey from two trusted friends. Both had told us that we would not be moving to St. Louis without our children and with them being with their dad until the end of the school year; that put our departure date sometime in June. With this reminder I was encouraged and frustrated at the same time. One morning I woke up to that overwhelming feeling of heaviness once again that I had felt on the day of the reunion. It took everything within me to fight it off!

This time it was even harder because I was exhausted from searching for jobs in Phoenix to no avail and then to face closed doors in St. Louis too; really took its toll on me! Also, looking at being in Phoenix until June; really discouraged me and wore me down. Both Sam and I diligently sought the Lord in prayer, reached out to our supporters, and we clung to verses like Psalm 37:3-7 which says, “Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.”

And then one day in mid-march a call came that turned our world upside down in regards to the words we had received from our friends! Due to an unexpected turn of events our fifteen year old son was coming home from Portland early! While we were very excited about his return we knew the struggles we had financially and were a little nervous. But once again God was faithful beyond anything we could imagine and He provided for us in all sufficiency! And the testimony of God’s faithfulness has had such an impact on my son that he has brought it up in many conversations since he arrived home. There is nothing like the delight in a parent’s heart when they hear their children experiencing God through an intimate relationship with Him. And it is continuing to happen day after day on this journey of faith as he sees God be faithful to His Word of promise. But even with this blessing no other doors looked to be opening up until one day when my husband received a Face Book friend request out of the blue.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment