Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Matter What Comes My Way, I Will Praise You Lord!

“Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and the earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and Yours it is to be exalted as Head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hands are power and might; in Your hands it is to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name and those attributes which that name denotes.” 1 Chronicles 29:11-13 AMP

Many people ask me how I walk through the trials in my life and continue to praise the Lord. All I can say when they ask is that I know who God is and He is much greater than any trial I face in life. I have been through so much in my life and there have been times when I was overwhelmed by the circumstance but one thing I always did and continue to do, is to praise God in the midst of it.

I don’t do it because I feel like praising. In fact there are times I feel like screaming, “Unfair! Injustice! Why me?” But each and every time I remind myself that until Christ’s return I walk in a fallen world and I will experience trials and struggles. This is a reality that I cannot change! The only thing I can change is the way I approach each trial I face. I can walk in it and react to it; or I can take my rightful position above it and respond with victorious praise to the One who has already overcome this world!

When I choose to do this I watch God move on my behalf and perform His Word in my life. Believe me this is an incredible act of faith because there are times my knees buckle in the midst of the trial and I feel like I am going to fall to the ground. In these times I don’t fight it! I allow my knees to buckle and I fall to the ground and worship God until He gives me the strength to stand up again!

He is faithful and He never abandons us! He is ALWAYS victorious and His victory belongs to those who believe in Him. Therefore, I know that His Truth trumps my reality and I put my hope and trust in Him until my reality catches up to His Truth! When I glorify His name something comes alive on the inside of me and where there was fear or doubt; He replaces it with hopeful expectation of victory!

I adopt a mindset of triumph and say to myself, “The darker the night; the brighter the dawn!” I close my eyes and envision Jesus coming in a cloud of glory; not just at the second coming, but right in the midst of my storm! I lift up my voice and begin to praise Him and I open my eyes and look for Him! He is faithful and always comes to my rescue!

I remind myself that in His hands are power and might and He is the one who gives me strength! I begin to call down the attributes of “His Kingdom come, His will be done” and I wait patiently until the darkness disperses because in Him there is no darkness! I remind myself that when His light pierces the darkness it has to flee! So I wait! I may wait an hour, a day, a month, a year, or several years. But it doesn’t matter how long I have to wait because I remind myself that a fruit of the Spirit is longsuffering!

So I know that it is the Holy Spirit in me that has the strength to suffer long! I can rest in joyful assurance that my God who is able to do above all I can think or ask, is working according to His good purpose in my life! This is when the peace that passes understanding takes over and I no longer strive to make things happen or to change things in my own strength!

No matter what the trial presents God has overcome it! No matter what the devil says will happen; God has prepared a plan for my hope and my future! No matter what I see with my natural eyes; God is operating in the spiritual realm to change what is taking place in the natural! No matter how I feel; God has given me a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind! These are the things I fix my mind on and this is what causes me to praise Him no matter what comes my way!

What are you struggling with? What is your trial? What is your reality? Praise Him! Glorify Him! Exalt Him! Lift up your voice and speak to the mountain! Lift up your eyes and look for Him; for He is coming to your rescue! Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! No weapon formed against you can prosper! No tongue that rises up against you can harm you! Nothing on earth can thwart the plans that God has for your life! He is here! He is working! He is victorious! So praise Him and glorify Him and watch as His attributes begin to flow from your life!

Prayer: Worship Him today and praise Him for who He is and for what He is doing in the midst of your trial. Dance before Him and tell Him of your love for Him! Magnify Him above your circumstance and watch as the circumstance grows smaller! He is great and greatly to be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment