Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Master Craftsman Created You!

A friend of mine used to love working with wood and he created some of the most beautiful works of art I have ever seen. I remember the first time I saw one of his creations that contained Purple Heart. I stood there in amazement because I had never seen that wood before and the beauty of it is almost indescribable. On one visit to his house I began thinking about the fact that Jesus was also a master craftsman and a carpenter by trade.

Imagine for a moment what His work must have looked like? Every piece of art he created was perfect, flawless, and beautiful beyond description! Each creation was also designed for a purpose and built strong enough to withstand the harsh elements of the desert. Every curve and corner perfectly straight with smooth edges and precise dimensions!

Now imagine the thought process He went through before He actually created one of His masterpieces. When He knew what He wanted to create He carefully formulated His plan and then he executed it. The result of His perfectly calculated effort must have been an amazing sight to behold! He left nothing undone and He gave incredible attention to the details of His work!

Have you ever taken the time to consider that this very same master craftsman created you? Psalm 139: 14 – 16 says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”

When you think about your life do you constantly remind yourself of this Scripture or do you look at your body and your life and only see flaws and defects? Do you focus your attention on the imperfections and blemishes or do you behold the beauty of the work of art that God created when He created you? Most people forget that they were created by the master Craftsman, Jesus Christ, who made them in His own image and made them beautiful beyond description!

Today is the time to begin to embrace the truth that you were perfectly designed and created with an incredible purpose by the same God who put the stars into orbit and who made the ocean’s tide. Your life has meaning and you were woven together in the depths of the earth before one star was put into orbit and before one wave crashed upon the ocean’s shore!

It is also important to remind yourself that in creating you, Christ paid great attention to every detail and made you beautiful beyond description! He also created you to withstand the harsh elements of life and to be a useful creation for the benefit of all who enter the door of your life! Begin today to praise Him for creating you and stand in awe and behold the beauty of Christ’s masterful work of art because that is exactly what you are.

Prayer: I praise you for creating me in your image and for perfectly designing my life for a purpose no one else can fulfill! I praise you for the beauty of my life and for the attention you paid to every detail of it. I praise you Lord God for seeing such value in creating me that you designed my life even before you laid the foundations of the world! I will stand in awe of your incredible work of art called my life and I will lift up my eyes to the heavens and remind myself that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment