Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 73

Meditation Produces Manifestation!

“I will also meditate on all Your work, and talk of Your deeds.” Psalm 77:12 NKJ

“I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways.” Psalm 119:15 NKJ

“I have declared my ways, and You answered me; Teach me Your statutes. Make me understand the way of Your precepts; So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works. My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your word.” Psalm 119:26 – 28 NKJ

Do you realize that everyone meditates daily? Did you know that it is impossible not to meditate? Some of the definitions of meditate are: to reflect deeply on a subject, continuous and profound contemplation, to plan in the mind, to think intently and at length. So the question then becomes what are you meditating on and are those thoughts producing the results you want? If you spend time meditating on the negatives of life and feelings of helplessness; you will begin to manifest negative words and actions, and your mood will reflect a spirit of heaviness. On the other hand, if you spend time meditating on God’s Word and His power to strengthen you; you will begin to manifest positive words and actions, and your mood will reflect a spirit of power as 2 Timothy 1:7 speaks about.

Do you realize that approximately 55,000 thoughts go through the human mind a day? This fact shows us just how important it is to make a concentrated effort to decide what thoughts we entertain and what thoughts we expel. After choosing what thoughts we entertain then we have decide what we are going to meditate on. Of course we can’t ignore the issues of life but we can focus our minds to meditate on God’s Word, so we know how to navigate through the issues. We can’t sidestep negative circumstances but we can align our minds to meditate on God’s Word, so we know how to react to them. Do you realize that when we meditate on God’s Word, He mediates on our behalf in whatever situation we are dealing with at the time? 1 Timothy 2:5 says, “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,”

Another word for mediator is intercessor. Romans 8:26-27 says that the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us when we don’t know what to pray. “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

So when we take action and make the choice to meditate on the Word of God we are partnering with the One true power source that can change our circumstances in the natural. When we meditate on His Word He changes our anxiousness into peace, our doubt into hope, our fear into faith, and our mindset of defeat into a mindset of victory! It is important for us to remember that the choice to meditate is given to us by a loving God who does not impose His will on us. He makes the promise to perform His Word when we meditate on Him, but the choice to do it, belongs solely to us.

Have you ever had a night where you were restless and couldn’t fall asleep? What do you do when you have one of those nights? Do you count sheep, think through your plans for the next day, or focus on trying to get comfortable so you can fall back asleep? Psalm 119:148 says, “My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may meditate on Your word.” And Psalm 4:3-5 says, “But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD.” Those people who choose to meditate on God’s Word during sleepless nights report more energy the next day, a more positive mindset, and a peaceful spirit. This is another instance of manifesting the positive results of meditating on the Word of God.

I want to encourage you to examine areas of your life where you may be meditating on negative thoughts and make the decision to begin meditating on God’s Word instead. Ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for you if you do not know how to begin this process. If you already are in the habit of meditating on God’s Word look for opportunities to share the testimony of His faithfulness with people in your life who do not meditate on the Word.

Prayer: Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be solely focused on You. I believe by faith that as I meditate on Your word I will begin to see the manifestation of the Spirit in my life. I praise You for Your incredible love for me and for setting me apart. Throughout the day and night I will meditate on Your Word and I rejoice in knowing You strengthen me in the midst of the battle over my thoughts. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment