Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 5

Weaned on Lemons Produces Illness! Weaned on Laughter Produces Health & Healing!

“A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing,
But a broken spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22 AMP

Whenever my grandma met a person who was grouchy or irritable she would always say, “Looks like they were weaned on lemons honey.” As a child I never understood what she meant. When I grew up and began forming friendships I quickly grew to understand her funny statement. I would meet people who were unhappy most of the time, and they were always complaining about something. I found it interesting that these same people were suffering from some sort of illness or ailment most of the time.

In contrast, I would meet people who had cheerful dispositions and a childlike enthusiasm, and they didn’t seem openly phased by the troubles of life. They laughed a lot and focused their energy on the positive side of any situation. It was interesting to me that these people seldom complained and I rarely heard them speak of aches and pains or of being sick.

Years later when doing research on the causes of sickness and disease I came across many studies that had been done on the correlation between laughter and health. Research showed that people who laughed a lot and who focused on the positive, instead of the negative, had lower stress levels and healthier immune systems. They reported less aches and pains than those who didn’t laugh a lot. They had lower blood pressure and better cardiac strength.

One day when reading the Bible I came across Proverbs 17:22 and I realized just how important laughter is to our health and the healing process. The studies I read were validation to what God prescribed as an antidote for illness thousands of years ago. He designed our immune systems to respond to laughter, and He created our bodies to release certain illness fighting antibodies when we engage in laughter.

Today there are studies being done all around the world that focus on humor therapy. Researchers and doctors at Loma Linda University in California have proven this theory to be true in the many published studies that have been released in recent years. For further education on the correlation between laughter and health you can contact them and read their findings for yourself.

My question to you is: Which person are you? Have you been weaned on lemons and as a result your life is filled with negativity, pain, sickness, and turmoil? Or were you weaned on laughter and as a result your life is filled with positivity, health, and wellness? If you were weaned on lemons begin to ask God for wisdom and open yourself up to laughter. Begin to focus your mind time on learning how to be cheerful .and allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life so you can begin to experience joy, which is a fruit of the Spirit.

Learning to be positive and learning to laugh is an exercise that takes time and concentrated effort. The great news is that the results you will experience will far out way the time you invest. Only you can change the way you think and live, so it is completely up to you to make this change. God’s Word is true but it has no effect until it is applied and acted upon. If you will focus on this formula for health you will experience life changing results and begin to live a healthier, more fulfilling life!

Prayer: Thank you for the healing power of laughter and for giving me a prescription for healthy living. I praise you for the joy stored up inside of me, and I choose today to open up the gift of laughter so that I can experience that joy! I believe by faith that as I laugh and look at life from a positive mindset, my body will respond and it will produce antibodies for healing. I praise you for perfectly creating my body with the ability to heal its self and today I choose to believe your truth over my reality. I will see my body restored to health and wholeness as I daily engage in laughter. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment